Forum Discussion

ElenaLarrabee1
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Pipelines Quickbooks channel help

Hi everyone! 

Does anyone know how to add multiple lines to a Quickbooks invoice via a pipeline? Is that possible? 

For example, I have a Job record in Base that generates a Books invoice via a pipeline. The Base record has multiple child records that I need to be able to insert as multiple line items in the Books invoice. 

Thank you! 

#quickbooks #Pipelines #channels

​​​​​

------------------------------
Elena Larrabee

11 Replies

• Hi Elena,

I am trying to figure this out right now with either pipelines or zapier. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Manny Hernandez
      MannyHernandez
      Qrew Trainee
      It does work in pipelines. You just have to perform a few steps

1. STEP A. trigger your pipeline, in your master table, however you want. I usually create a button that triggers a checkbox.
      2. STEP B. quickbase search records 
        1. look for child records that contain the master table "related id"
        2. for example, I look for all line item records that contain the same related work order Id number as step 1.
        3. this will help "query" your line items
      3. STEP C. create an invoice Quickbooks step
        1. Lines* (list) is the place where you enter the objects from step 2. 
        2. pipelines will automatically iterate through each line.

done.

Manny Hernandez
        SamCole
        Qrew Cadet
        Manny,
        Thank you for this, its very appreciated.. it worked perfectly except for one thing. In the Quickbooks channel's "Lines (list)" section, I can't figure out where to map a "line item cost" field to the "Rate" field in Quickbooks. It has a field to map "Amounts" for the total for the line item, but nothing i've tried will send anything to the Rate field. It sends Quantity, Name, SKU, and Description (and even Amount) perfectly for each Child record in a given Parent record, but nothing for the actual Rate. So as it is, it creates the invoice and all of the line items, and each one has a name, description, quantity, and total, but the Rate field is left blank. Have you come across this issue?

Sam Cole