Forum Discussion

SudheerQB
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Populate table data in Dashboard summary report when clicked on Pie chart slice in the same Dashboard page.

I have a pie chart created on a table and placed on the Dashboard page using the Report and Chart section. I have a summary Report created for the same table and placed it on the Dashboard page using the Report and Chart section. Now upon clicking on the slice of the Pie chart, Is it possible to populate the data in the summary Report placed in the another section of Dashboard instead redirecting to the Summary Report page? In simple I do not want to redirect to another page rather the data should populate in the summary report when I clicked on a slice in Pie chart on the same Dashboard page.

4 Replies

• I do not have an answer to your specific question but I will say that it is possible to click on the left-hand column of a summary report and execute a URL as opposed to drilling down into the summary table itself.

I�m not sure if that is helpful but if there�s no solution to your pie chart problem perhaps someone could click on a summary report as opposed to a pie chart as a second best option and accomplish what you want.

Basically the left-hand column of a summary report can be whatever words you want and any action you want when that link is clicked.

That same functionality can also apply to the column headings of a summary report where they are using a group by function on columns
  • Thanks for the reply QuickBaseCoach. Can you please provide an example using drilldown in summary report. Thanks in advance.
  • You can make a Hyperlink field and use that as the group by for the rows of your summary report.

The Syntax for a general hyperlink field is a formula Rich Text field 

var text $Words = [your field name here foe the words];
    var text $URL = [The URL formula field or formula field you want to execute]; 

"<a href=" & $URL & ">" & $Words & "</a>"

now whether this syntax will work is dependent on the complexity of the  URL.  It should work if you just do one API call.

Like this

var text URL= URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_TABLE_1] & "?act=API_EditRecord"
    & "&rid=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])
    & "&_fid_7=" & URLEncode ([Status])
    & "&apptoken=" & "XXXX";

"javascript:" &
    "$.get('" & 
    $URL & 
    "',function(){" &
    "location.reload(true);" &
    "});" 
    & "void(0);"

I suggest getting the URL formula field working first, and then getting the Hyperlink to work