Forum Discussion

KylePrince
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Populating Table With Existing Form Fields

Hello,

I am attempting to export a table into a CSV file. However, the table only contains two fields when I actually need all of the fields displayed in the associated form shown in the table. The form contains the fields in a specific order that I would like replicated in the table form. The solution I've discovered is by going into "Customize This Report" > "Columns To Display". All of the columns I need to display are there, however, there are 300+ of them. I could do this one at a time, but this is obviously inefficient and makes room for of error. Furthermore, the fields are displayed in alphabetical order so I would need to search for the name of the field. The challenge is populating the table report with the fields from the forms report in the order shown in the form. What is an efficient way to do this?

------------------------------
Kyle Prince

4 Replies

• You can highlight blocks of fields and drag them across,   But I can't think of a way to sequence them to match a form other than manually dragging them up and down.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      KylePrince
      Qrew Member
      Yeah, it appears that is the only way to do it. Thanks for the response.

Kyle Prince
        SamJones1
        Qrew Cadet
        Kyle,
        The other way to do this would be through the API. It allows you create reports and specify the order of fields that appear by Field ID.

That said, unless you're already pretty fluent in the Quick Base API, there's a substantial learning curve there.

Or, you could hire a Quick Base Service Provider to do it for you, right @Mark Shnier (YQC)?

Happy to help out more during Data Collaborative's free office hours, every Thursday at 1pm Eastern.

- Sam

The Data Collaborative, Inc.
        sjones@datacollaborative.com
        366 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 203 | Arlington, MA 02474