Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Possible to download a report as a csv (or xls) with a button push?

I have a button that allows a user to open a report, and then if they want save as spreadsheet. Is there any way the button can download the report as a spreadsheet automatically? ie, skip the go the the report stage?

Essentially, I want my users to be able to download a template, but this template isnt static. It may change periodically based on data in the system, so I can't simply upload a template file.

Also, I want the user to get the template on demand, so I can't set it up as a subscription. Ideas?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

4 Replies

• A user messaged me and let me know you can add & "&opts=csv" to the end of your URL to download automatically as csv. Great tip!
    ā€‹

Mike Tamoush
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Have you tried adding &dlta=xs to the end of the URL for the report? That should automatically save it as a spreadsheet and for me it doesn't even load the table report at all when doing this. Just downloads the file.
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Also natively if you use a regular table report and set at the bottom for CSV format it will download in CSV when run in the one click.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Austin, your solution worked as well but the native functionality Mark suggested worked great! Too bad it won't download as an xls but I suspect that is inherent to computer functionality and trying to save in a formatted way is probably impossible.

Mike Tamoush