Forum Discussion

KarenHenke
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Possible to make a field value bold within a text formula field?

Hello, 
I have a field called Topic where the user provides the topic of a case study they would like to create with a customer.
That text is inserted directly into this sentence:
XYZ Company, Inc., and its affiliates ("XYZ") would like to create a story about Topic describing ACME's ("Participant") experiences with XYZ's technologies and services (the "Story").

Right now, the text above isn't anywhere on the form, so when the user fills in the topic, 99% of the time it doesn't make sense in the context of the sentence it is being inserted to. For example, someone might type "ACME started using our laptops and they are happy with them"  which translates to:

XYZ Company, Inc., and its affiliates ("XYZ") would like to create a story about ACME started using our laptops and they are happy with them describing ACME's ("Participant") experiences with XYZ's technologies and services (the "Story").

To help with this, I've created a field that provides a preview of what the sentence will look like once they type the topic.
This is the Rich Text Formula field [Topic Preview]: 
"XYZ Company, Inc., and its affiliates (\"XYZ\") would like to create a story about "&[Topic]&" describing "&[Company]&"'s (\"Participant\") experiences with XYZ's technologies and services (the \"Story\")."

It works perfectly, but it would be much more useful if I could highlight the topic that was inserted. I'd love to either make it bold or blue.

Is there a way to make the topic bold (or another color) in the topic preview? If not, I'd love your thoughts on how I might achieve this another way?

Thanks as always!

------------------------------
Karen Henke

1 Reply

• There are all kinds of options, but here are some of my cheat sheet notes. Other people will be able to expand and help even more.

Different ways for rich text. Notice the <b> and <i> are ways to do bold and italics.

"<span style='font-size:12px;color:#e61515'><i>words are going here</i></span>"

or

"<span style='padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; font-size:16px; font-size:12px;font-style:italic;color:#e61515;'>" & [my field goes here] & "</span>"

or

"<span style='font-style:italic; font-size:10px;'><i><b>Words go Here</b></i>" & [Field Name] & "</span>"

Mike Tamoush