Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
2 years ago

Possible to open a quickbase link in the App (versus browswer) on Mobile?

Customer support claims that there should be an Android setting to allow QB links to open in the app, rather than in the browser.

I have not found any setting like this. It works great on iOS. Has anyone had success defaulting to the mobile app on android?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

3 Replies

• This is my 3rd or 4th time revisiting this, and wouldn't you know it, I just figured it out. This works on galaxy S20, I am presuming it may work on many others?

-Settings

-Apps

-Choose default apps 

-Opening Links

-Scroll down and find Quickbase App

-Supported web addresses

-Toggle on quickbase.com (or any other that apply to you like .quickbase.eu)

Mike Tamoush
      LaszloM
      Qrew Trainee

Hi Mike,

Thank's for this post, gave me hope I can force the links in my QB Notification emails would open in the QB app on the addressee's device. Did the settings as advised, still it only works if the app is not open yet!

If app is already open link stares at an empty page...

I only have access to a Samsung tablet, no idea how this would work on iOS. Any experience to share?

Can there be any change in the link construction to force the open app to correctly accept it?

Laszlo M
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander

Hmm Im not sure I tried if the app was already open vs it not being open at all. Regarding iOS, I have never had any issues. It always seems to open in the app.

I'm not very familiar with how mobile works with links, but I dont think anything different with link construction would work. If you find out otherwise, please post!

Mike Tamoush