Forum Discussion

QuincyAdam
Qrew Cadet
5 years ago

Post Webhook External

I'm trying to post a Webhook into a CTMS and it's out of scope for QuickBase to help with. The documentation doesn't provide any info on posting Webhooks externally. 

This is the instructions that our CTMS vendor provided:
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"; xmlns:clin="URL"><soapenv:Header/>
<soapenv:Body>
<clin:SubmitSurvey>
<!--Optional:-->
<clin:strSubmission>
<![CDATA[
<submission>
<firstname> </firstname>
<lastname> </lastname>
<gender></gender>
<dob></dob>
<address1></address1>
<address2></address2>
<city> </city>
<state> </state>
<zip></zip>
<phone></phone>
<email></email>
<besttimetocall></besttimetocall>
<howdidyouhearaboutus></howdidyouhearaboutus>
<comments></comments>
</submission>
]]>
</clin:strSubmission>
<clin:strSecret>PASSWORD</clin:strSecret>
</clin:SubmitSurvey>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

The validator on our (CTMS Vendors) end does not like capitals, spaces or special characters.

I plugged their info in like this and many other variations of this, but am failing:

Can QuickBase send XML formatted submissions in a SOAP message externally?

4 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Have you tried using a different content-type? I think "application/soap+xml" is more accurate to what you are trying to send. You might also be able to add an additional message header, something like "SOAPAction: ACTION_YOU_WANT_TO_CALL".
      QuincyAdam
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks AustinK. I plugged in application/soap+xml, but still get: 415 Error: The server cannot service the request because the media type is unsupported.
      AustinK
      Qrew Commander
      I'm sure you have tried this but have you tried sending it as Raw but still setting the content type as I said? Maybe QuickBase is trying to do some formatting on their end.

I would try the following content types switching between the XML and Raw message format to test them all.

application/soap+xml
      application/xml
      text/xml

I think the text/xml one might be the ticket. You could also try text/soap+xml but I'm not sure that exists.