Forum Discussion

BradSprague
Qrew Member
11 years ago

print multiple records' exact forms

ok last question for the night. I have a report that pulls all of the upcoming reservations. each reservation has it's own exact form order sheet. I want to print all of the reservations with as little clicking as possible (without clicking each record's button that shows up on the report). Sounds impossible, but thought i'd check...

13 Replies

• Hi Brad,
    yes, this can be done...at the end of your url field for the exact form there should be something like "rid=999". Change this to be "qid=1" where 1 is the id of the report query that has your filtered reservation records.

example...
    this will produce 1 exact form for record id# 3 in my Exact Forms Plus! Demo application
    https://juicedtech.quickbase.com/db/bdht34muk?a=dbpage&sfid=109&pagename=PurchaseOrder.html&clist=a&rid=3

this will produce 5 exact forms, 1 per record in my Purchase Orders table. The List All report has a query id = 1 so that is what I used below.
    https://juicedtech.quickbase.com/db/bdht34muk?a=dbpage&sfid=109&pagename=PurchaseOrder.html&clist=a&qid=1

Keith
      NateMcKinney
      Qrew Cadet
      I tried and it will not work for me. This is mine now 
      URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=printr&dfid=15&rid=" & [Record ID#]
      And this is what I tryed
      URLRoot() & "db/" & Dbid() & "?a=printr&dfid=15&qid=26" & [Record ID#]
  • Great, kind of works.  Can you tell me how I identify the ID of the report?  I dont see that anywhere.  Thanks!!
  • view the report, look in the address line of your browser....qid=X .....X is the report query id
  • Interesting.  I did not know about Keith's tip here until your post (great tip, Keith).  And I just happened to have a client who needed a mass print exact forms solution.  Got it working and tied up with a pretty bow in an hour.  So thx for the question.

Just create a single record table with a single record in it to set the filters for the <ask the user> report.  The Record will be [Record ID#] = 1.

Make a relationship back to the details table using a reference field with a formula of

and lookup the filter field(s) to the details table.

Make a versions of the Report which will not be an <ask the user> but rather will use the lookup values for the filer field(s).

Use the qid of that report and Keith's post to make a button to run the print set  for the qualifying records.
      LauraElder
      Qrew Member
      Hi There ~ I've been unsuccessful in using the option above when trying to use Exact Print on "filtered" records. I've been able to use the "all" or "one" options provided by Keith above - but am unable to nail down the "some" option.

Thanks!

------------------------------
      Laura Elder
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Laura, can you post the code (copy and paste) you are using for your button?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        markshnier2@gmail.com
  • I'm trying to follow what's going on here and see if I can utilize it for my particular use case.

I'm trying to print one record per page, that record has an embedded report associated. The records are employees where the embedded report is their time sheet records. Each day is a time sheet record and the embedded report is a list of days within the current week.

I can pull up each record one at a time and print, but like the original poster, would love to minimize clicks. I have no love of printing but our payroll needs a paper copy for a job site requirement. I'm a little lost on the explanations described above and not sure if my case fits the suggestions made here.
  • If you are talking about printing on the native form, the option is right before your eyes, but you brain has filtered it out, due to familiarity.

Just print the report as usual and pause where it asks you if you want a report or one record per page.
      Lee_SGilmore
      Qrew Cadet
      I think I have a paradoxical relationship with Quick Base. The more I learn, the less I seem to know/remember.

Thank you very much for pointing out the print one record per page. My specialized print form provided exactly what I needed.