Forum Discussion

DonLarson
Qrew Commander
8 months ago

Pro Forma Report

I have a summary report where I am trying to show a Pro Forma Column on the end.    I have a way to cheat if I make a Summary field in the report and then hard code the divisor.    Here is a picture of the results.

I created a Summary Variable and then a Summary Formula

This is not supportable in the long run as the user has to edit the Summary Formula with the Total of the Summaries.

This would be a common problem in accounting  as you divided revenue or expense items by the total revenue.   It is solved in Excel by making an absolute reference like "$C$1"

I suspect I am just missing something obvious.  Anybody got a dynamic way to do this in QB? 

------------------------------
Don Larson

3 Replies

• I don't even think you need any fancy summary formulas for that. I think you just need to put the same field on the summary report again to count the number of opportunities closed, but choose the option to display "as a percent of the column total". 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      DonLarson
      Qrew Commander

Mark,

Too simple.  Just too simple.  The time I wasted trying to get this through a calculation..........

Thanks.  I owe you another cold beer.

Don

Don Larson
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend

Well maybe in some alternative future there will be an in person EMPOWER again and I will take you up on that offer.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com