Forum Discussion

SheilaCapote
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Proxy fields not working

Hi, everyone! I have spent a couple of hours digging the internet for an answer and was unable to solve my problem. I'm hoping one of you can help, sorry in advance if this is a silly question. 

I have a parent table Accounts and a child table Tickets. I need to display in the company column the Name of the company not the ID#. I created a lookup field "company name" from the Accounts table but it is still showing up as record ID#. When I add the lookup field is shows as Text (lookup) not Text (proxy lookup). 

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!

------------------------------
Sheila Capote

1 Reply

• np,
    Rename the field called [Company] to be called [Related Company].  It will hold the [Record ID#] of the Company record.

But you do not want any of your users to see that [Record ID#] field. So that is a perfect opportunity to set a proxy for the field[Related Company]. So edit the field properties for Related Company] and select Company Name to be the Proxy field.

Then make sure that you're only using the field Company Name on all forms and on all reports because you don't want your users to be looking at Record ID numbers.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com