Forum Discussion

LesKimbler
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

QB error when clicking a Rich Text Link

I have several Applications feeding information via webhook or automation into one single App which only a specific team of 3 users use. One of the things feeding over is attachments. Now the actual attachment cannot be sent over via automation, so I created a Rich Text Field to create a hyperlink to where the attachment in the original App record. This link is then copied over via automation/webhook to this central table, and for most, if you click the link, it opens a tab to the picture.

If ([Part #1 Pic]>"", "<a href=\"" &URLRoot() & "up/" & Dbid() & "/a/r" & [Record ID#]& "/e154\"target=_blank\">" & [Part #1 Pic]& "</a>","")

However, the 3 users from this group it goes to, when they click the link created, they get an 404 error saying the specified Record doesn't exist or has been deleted. (See attachment for screenshot)

But this is clearly not the case. I can see both records in both apps, and when I go into the same record, and click the link, I get a new tab open with the picture. I've tried on multiple browsers (Firefox, IE, Microsoft Edge), and only IE gives me any trouble, but it's not the 404 error. The other 2 work perfectly. I also thought it may be because I have access to all the Apps and they didn't, but I had myself removed from one, and tested, and could still see the pictures.

Does anyone have any idea why they may be seeing this error that I cannot duplicate?

------------------------------
Les Kimbler

8 Replies

• If you do a test as user for one of these problem users, does it work for you? Do they have access to where the file is stored?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      note also that you can edit the field properties for the file attachment field and enable access for anyone on the Internet even if they do not have access to the app.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      Your Quick Base Coach
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
      LesKimbler
      Qrew Cadet
      Yes. Doing a test as the user role, I can still see the picture, no matter the browser.

Les Kimbler
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        ... What happens if you open up that file attachment field to everyone on the Internet. I know you know you may not want to do that permanently but does it get around the problem temporarily. That would tell us whether it's a permission problem.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Your Quick Base Coach
        mark.shnier@gmail.com