Forum Discussion

MichaelBerling1
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Quickbase Action Add Child Record with Grandchild Text look-up

Hello,

I am trying to set up a quickbase action to add multiple child records to another table.  This works fine but I cannot write values to a dropdown list that comes from the other table. 

Basically the action in Table A causes multiple entries in Table B.  One of the fields in Table B is a dropdown with entries from Table C.  I cannot write entries into this field for some reason.  Is there a work around for this? 

3 Replies

• If your drop down list is from a relationship, there is probably a field called [Related Table C].  Suppose that table C is a table of customers and the Key field is [Record ID#].

The value you need to write into the field for [Related Table C] is not the Customer name, but rather the [Record ID#] of the Related Customer.
  • So there is a field call [Related Table C] which uses the [Record ID#] although i just use the proxy field.  I cannot seem to write numeric values either.  The only fields that show as editable within the QB Action page are the regular text fields
  • You should be able to write into the Field [Related Table C] if it is a data entry type field, ie not a formula or lookup field.