Forum Discussion

AlexBennett3
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

QuickBase API POST vs GET

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to see if I could get some advice/input on using different methods for the RESTful JSON API. 

I've been messing around with the API calls on a custom application to see if I could bring this data in and just use the values of these fields from our QuickBase. 

I have been able to make the API call and am getting field values from the POST Method, but if I attempt to do a GET method I only can get the field ID info (numeric, Field ID#, Field Name, etc) but never what values have been inputted in that field.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I feel as though I should be using GET for this purpose of just wanting to get the data from QuickBase and display it as needed for 'Read-only' purposes. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

------------------------------
Alex Bennett

4 Replies

AlexBennett3
      Qrew Trainee
      For POST I'm using '/records/query', which i get from the documentation when setting up the example api call. 

For GET I'm using '/fields/usage?tableId={tableId}&skip={skip}&top={top}, again from the documentation.

I'm just trying to get field values to be able to display in some custom line charts.

Alex Bennett