Forum Discussion

PhelanSanders
Qrew Assistant Captain
7 years ago

QuickBase API to third party app

I would like to create an API within Quickbase that will post certain fields to a third party application. Where do I start?

7 Replies

• Can you please tell the name of a third-party application?

If you want to post some fields to the outside of the Quick Base then, you have to interact the APIs of the external application.

Thanks,

Gaurav
      PhelanSanders
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      The name of the third party application is called �Acuity Scheduler�
      GauravSharma3
      Qrew Commander
      Okay. Got it. Now, you want to create an appointment with the pre-defined fields from Quick Base?
  • Your ability to do this depends completely on the features of the third party API so as Gaurav suggested we need to know what API is being used.
  • Their API cannot be used client side:

"Making Cross Origin Requests and Using AJAX You must make API requests from your own or an external server where you can store your API credentials securely. Acuity does not support cross origin requests as client side requests expose any authentication that you're using. You can expose specific endpoints on your server for the APIs you'd like to access over AJAX."

I think the option to pursue is using a WebHook using a header to authenticate to their service.

Feel free to contact me off-world iusing the information in my profile if you need assistance with setting this up:

https://getsatisfaction.com/people/dandiebolt/