Forum Discussion

SyaefulBahri3
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago
Solved

Quickbase Attachment from Egnyte File Sharing

Hi All,

Have everyone implement a solution to integrate QuickBase with Egnyte?.

There is a field on Quickbase where users attach files. The file already saved on Egnyte.

Basically we use Egnyte as our file storage. When we need to attach documents in Quickbase rather than browse our computer, we browse Egnyte directly to choose the file to attach.

I have tried Zapier with this scheme

This scheme makes us choose the file from our computer and attached it to the specific folder we setup. Is not browse Egnyte directly.

Many thank

------------------------------
Syaeful Bahri
  • Hi Syaeful,

The 'New Record in Quick Base' trigger only returns the Record ID as a parameter, it doesn't contain the complete payload of data from the newly added record. You can add a 'Find Record in Quick Base' action and set that up to search for the Record ID that matches the Record ID from the newly created record in the 'New Record in Quick Base' trigger. The 'Find Record in Quick Base' step will give you the file from the file attachment field that you can then use to upload to Egnyte. 

Erich Wehrmann

2 Replies

• Hi Syaeful,

The 'New Record in Quick Base' trigger only returns the Record ID as a parameter, it doesn't contain the complete payload of data from the newly added record. You can add a 'Find Record in Quick Base' action and set that up to search for the Record ID that matches the Record ID from the newly created record in the 'New Record in Quick Base' trigger. The 'Find Record in Quick Base' step will give you the file from the file attachment field that you can then use to upload to Egnyte. 

Erich Wehrmann
      SyaefulBahri3
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks for pointing me out about this Erich. I'm trying your solution now.

Kind regards,

Syaeful Bahri