Forum Discussion

BerylSmall
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Quickbase C# SDK Client.Connect times out

I am creating an interface between our proprietary web  application and Quickbase.  I set up a "Trial" database to use as a Sandbox for testing.  However, now that the integration code is complete and I have changed values (App ID, App Token) to the live application.  This line of code times out more often than not:

IQApplication app = client.Connect("bmsrk7gae", "bbnb3n3bnc4cmccwp4kqkb6ji5xz");

Is there anything I can do to prevent it from timing out?  It takes a REALLY long time to connect.

2 Replies

• Beryl,
    Not really enough information to suggest anything.  I use the QB API almost every day and it rarely times out.  If you aren't experiencing timeouts with a normal login to the app you can test for timeouts by using a url like this:
    https://YOURDOMAIN.com/db/bmsrk7gae bemenk5bm?act=api_getschema&qid=1&usertoken= bbnb3n3bnc4cmccwp4kqkb6ji5xz 

Just change the above request to match your domain name (examples assumes bmsrk7gae is you appid and not a table id).  You should see a short XML reply with all of your tables listed.  

If it comes back quickly - then the problem is in with the client.  If this times out - try submitting a help request to QB - they may be able to see an issue you can't see from your side.

Also  - if you're developing clients you may want to take a look at POSTMAN.  It allows you to test calls to any API without writing any code...
    Neil