Forum Discussion

DavidRevel
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

quickbase change related parent does not stick

Throughout our application, often when I edit a child record, I need to update the parent. That is to say I need to relate the child to a new parent (for example, assigning a time record to a different job. I find that when I edit the record (either in a form or using grid edit), and change the related record (using a conditional drop down to chose the new parent) the entry immediately flips back to the original entry. It take 2-3 tries before the change will "stick". 

What could be causing this and how might I fix the behavior?

Thank You.

4 Replies

• One possibility is both the reference  and/or  reference proxy fields show in form twice.
  • Hi David,

Hongkun is correct that this issue most often happens when both a reference field and a proxy for the same relationship are on the form at the same time. Alternatively, if that isn't happening after you confirm that there aren't any overlapping fields I would suggest putting in a support case so you can look at this with a Care Rep. That is pretty unusual behavior and ideally a screen share session to walk through it can help to identify what is going on. 
  • Thank you both! I have confirmed that only the proxy field is shown on the form, not the reference field.

I am not sure the process for submitting a ticket. Is it from within my app site?

Thank You!
  • Hi David,

When you are in one of your applications you can find the option to add a support case by clicking on the question mark icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This will open up the help menu and in the new window that opens you will see an option to 'Manage Support Cases', this will take you to where you can create support cases and also respond to your existing support cases.