Forum Discussion

LennyBrooks
Qrew Member
2 years ago

Quickbooks Pipeline

I've recently started working on setting up a Quickbooks Online pipeline.  I started with creating a vendor in Quickbase and then triggering an event to create the vendor in QBO. That worked just fine.  Next, I'm trying to create a pipeline that will fetch the vendor and then create a bill under that vendor.  When I try creating the pipeline, the fetching seems  work just fine, but under the create bill section, it asks for me to manually put the vendor in pipeline itself.  That means I would need to create a separate pipeline for every vendor, which makes no sense.  Can anyone give me some guidance?  I thought because of the lookup, it would basically know where to create the bill.  UGH!

------------------------------
Lenny Brooks

1 Reply

• Hey Lenny, unfortunately I haven't worked with that particular Pipelines Channel. but without knowing more about your design, it sounds like perhaps platforms should be cross-linked? Perhaps you may want to consider storing the QBO Vendor ID in a Quickbase record (and vice versa where maybe you can create a QBO Custom field to house the reciprocal Quickbase ID). The bi-directional linking may not be necessary for what you are hoping to achieve, but I try to go this route when feasible as you can then potentially create Formula URL (button) links to respective third-party system to be included in Quickbase forms and reports.

Anyway, if your Quickbase app housed the QBO Vendor ID beforehand, that could potentially set you up so the Event triggering the Pipeline may be able to lookup the QBO Vendor ID. Then, you can set a value in a Pipeline step using the Jinja syntax, something like: {{ a.vendor_id }}

Hopefully that makes sense!

Brian Seymour