Forum Discussion

Re: Pipeline "for each" loops

Thx for trying Sharon, I gave your method a try and it still did not work for me.

I'm thinking that I would need to get the Pipeline to do some kind of query on the records it just created to get it to wait for the previous step to complete.  But in my use case, it's running a webhook and would have no idea that that the webhook was creating records.

------------------------------
Mark Shnier (YQC)
Quick Base Solution Provider
Your Quick Base Coach
http://QuickBaseCoach.com
mark.shnier@gmail.com

4 Replies

MikeTamoush
    Qrew Commander
    @Mark Shnier (YQC)

Did you ever come up with a work around or fix for this? I am running into to this exact scenario. I have a helper table which takes information and uses it in a table 2 table import to mass create records. I'm seeing the same thing, the helper table is quickly being updated before by T2T is running, thus missing some instances.

How did you solve?​

Mike Tamoush
      MarkShnier__You
      Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
      Mike,
      Usually the best case scenario is that if you can use the helper table but not depend on any of its look up values and instead create a bulk import set and some kind of for each loop the populates that bulk import set. That way the pipeline can run asynchronously.

But if you absolutely need those look up values once the focus is set for that helper table then it has to be a looping pipeline which calls itself.   So that means the pipeline itself needs to be a callable pipeline where the first step in the pipeline is pipeline called.    So then they would have to be a Nother pipeline which gets triggered to search a table for some records but return only one value from the search. When you create a search step you can limit the results to only X number of results so you could limited to the first result.  

Then he would set the focus and call the pipeline which would use that helper tables value and then the next step in the Callable pipeline  need to do something to trigger the search again which would still be limited to just return one value.

Of course you need to be doing something so that the search results are different the second time and that eventually there are no results returned from the search. There is a pipeline step you can introduce that can detect if a search returns no results.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander
        Yes I need the lookup values so I suppose I'll have to loop my pipeline. I think the max loops would be about 24 which isn't terrible, but it's too bad the for each loop does not complete before starting the next. I guess in most instances it will speed things up though.

Mike Tamoush