Forum Discussion

Md_SafiqueAhmed
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Recurring Task

At one point we used "Recurring record wizard" to make this button so that we could easily create a bunch of reoccurring tasks. It has stopped working, it seems that tool no longer exists.
Has this been replaced by something else?
Or is there a way I can recreate it?

Thanks,
------------------------------
Md Safique Ahmed

3 Replies

AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    This is something that is ancient around here I think. I have only seen one other person mention it before in recent memory and they got an answer they did not like.

I actually answered the last thread too lol. Evan Martinez gave the answer below but basically that wizard made use of JavaScript and with the removal of JavaScript the wizard no longer works. I believe this was an oversight as they didn't really notify anyone it just happened suddenly.

https://community.quickbase.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=0e80e60b-87cd-4751-a4c2-f17417f9d037&CommunityKey=d860b0f8-6a48-487b-b346-44c47a19a804&tab=digestviewer

I would have suggested trying Automations instead but those are being removed in not that long of a time. Your only option may be to use Pipelines or some other integration service outside of Quickbase.

Can you describe what that button did in more detail? Maybe someone can help you recreate similar functionality or tell you if it is even possible.
      Md_SafiqueAhmed
      Qrew Member
      Hi Austin,

Thank you for looking into it.
      Here is my code :
      "javascript:void(window.open('" & URLRoot() &"db/6mztyxu8" & "?a=dbpage&dbid=" & Dbid() &"&rid=" & [Record ID#] & "&datefid=135" & "&pagename=recurring.html','recurring','top=240,left=320,width=400,height=150,location=no,menubar=no,toolbar=no'))"

This used to duplicate a task with the same details .

Md Safique Ahmed
        AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        If the recurring thing was simply a hosted code page if you still have a copy of that it should be possible to recreate the functionality now. I'm actually surprised that Quickbase was not able to make this work because you can use JavaScript in code pages still...

It seems like you might be able to get something similar with Actions or Pipelines. Have the button change a checkbox to checked on the record you want duplicated and then have the Action or Pipeline kick in to copy the record over with the details you want.