Forum Discussion

rachitkalra
Qrew Member
6 years ago

REFRESH KEY ISSUE

I have a table in which I need to add the scarp data everyday. So, I connected the data to my dropbox account so that I don't have to do the task manually everyday. Now, the problem is that none of the field in the table has unique values and thus I am not able to set the refresh key. The data fails to upload as any field that I set as the refresh key has duplicate values. Also, I cannot keep the refresh key to blank as QuicBase doesn't allow me to do that.

3 Replies

• It sounds like you've built a Sync table that syncs with a CSV file in your Dropbox - is that correct? Also, are you pulling in brand new data every day or is this data that would need to be updated?
      rachitkalra
      Qrew Member
      yes that is correct and I am pulling in new data everyday but none of the field has unique values.
  • I have came in to this problem a lot of times.  What I did to get around it is to create a unique key on the CSV end via a concatenation of numerous fields.  One of my tables even has a concatenation key of 8 different fields resulting in a 76 character field!  It was the only way to get a unique key though.  Once it is done on the CSV side, create a new field (via connection) and point it to your server.  Set it as the Unique Key (click OK as it will warn you) and you should be good to go.