Forum Discussion

ElazarHamel2
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Relate child to parent on auto created records from another app

I have an app that is open to "Everyone on The Internet" where anyone can submit a parent record with child records associated to that parent. How do I create a pipeline or automation to push that parent record along with the child records into another app? I can create an automation to push each individually but I cant get the child records to relate to the parent record once they are in the new app because the record ID of the parent in the new app is different than the original record ID from the app it was created in. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------------------
Elazar Hamel

2 Replies

• No problem. Use a pipeline and create the parent once the user triggers the Pipeline to Submit. 

Then have your pipeline do a search for your children of the trigger record. Then in the For Each loop, you can create the children. You will find that you can easily be able to refer to the Record ID of the previously created parent from a previous step to populate Related Parent. 

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ElazarHamel2
      Qrew Member

Thank you Mark. I'm just getting familiar with pipelines and I'm going to try this. Thank you

Elazar Hamel