Forum Discussion

AllanMcPhail
Qrew Member
8 months ago

Related Grandchild to parent

I am building a recipe database and need some help, I'm trying to get the related material components to show on the formula components.
The table structure is below.
The CAS Numbers are a list of items.
Materials are added before the formula is raised and have multiple material components.
When the formula is populated with formula components I want the related material components to show in a report on the same form.
The formula shows the formula components as below
I would like to do this with relationships if possible due to them being more reliable.

------------------------------
Allan McPhail

3 Replies

• I think that this is very easy.

Create a report link field on your  formula components table.  A report link field will run any report with an extra filter as defined by the report link field itself. 

On the left side of the field configuration select  Related Material.

On the right side, navigate to your app and then to the set of fields from Material Components and select the field called related material.    That panel to locate that field can be a little annoying so I'd like to use  CTRL-F control find.

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AllanMcPhail
      Qrew Member

Thanks Mark.

How would I get the related material components to show up under the formula.
      I don't see any relationship between the formula and the material components.
      With there being multiple formula components in a formula is there an easy way to get all of the related materials in the same report?

Allan McPhail
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion

OK, I do think I understand what you mean now but I would have to work with you one on one to get this working. If you have a small budget contact me directly by the email in my signature line and we can discuss this.  Probably just take less than an hour of consulting time.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com