Forum Discussion

JackWoods
Qrew Trainee
3 years ago

Report Link Fires While on Add Form

Hey Guys! I'm working on a Add Form setting that would have a Report Link on the page that could show any records that have the same values while still adding the record.

The report link works but only shows the related records after I save that record - I want to be able to dynamically display the records while still adding/creating the record. 

my question is - how do I make the Report Link Look-Up FIRE while creating the record/before saving the record?

Thank you, ​

------------------------------
Jack Woods | Low Code 4 Lyfe

2 Replies

• In my experience it is not possible to show the report link results until you save the record.

If you had a complex form, one technique is to have the user enter a bare minimum information and save and then after they save they would be able to edit the record and continue with the rest of the complex form.

But in your case it seems you're only entering a single number so I don't think there is a way to do that. 

The new function coming out called Formula Queries and it is possible that using a that you would be able to do what you want.  I'm guessing that formula queries would be out of "Invitation Beta" and into "Open" beta later in September or October.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      JackWoods
      Qrew Trainee
      Yeah in this scenario I don't want to let users edit existing records - they can only add new ones. which is why I want them to be able to at least view existing logs that have been made. Thank you for your help. I will look into Formula Queries.

Jack Woods | Low Code 4 Lyfe