Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
9 months ago

Report link on new forms - create new record

On the new forms, the report link has a new feature where you can create a new child, with a sort of - embedded button. 

Does anyone know how QB sets the code for this button? It seems like it only works some of the time for me. Perhaps it doesn't work correctly cross app? I am still trying to determine it, but wondering if anyone has insight or experience. Would be awesome if we could set the coding in that embedded button, in case we need to modify.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

4 Replies

• Mike,

I have not done this cross-app, but across tables I will use API_GenAddRecordForm and put that in a formula URL.

Chris

Chris Sipes
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

Chris, 

Are you talking about simply making a custom button, or are you indicating that somehow you can control the new, native embedded button in report links in the New Form Style?

Mike Tamoush
        DavidLessin
        Qrew Member

I was literally trying to accomplish the same thing and had just decided to reach out to the forum. Easy to do when the tables are in the in same application, but I am having trouble creating a cross-application related record.

If I create a related record in the cross-related application it does show up as expected in a list box, but it would be quite convenient to create the related record from the parent record which resides in a different application (but within the realm). As one can see from button Add Currency Exchange (Test), I am not mapping correctly to the related app

Thanks!

David Lessin

Director

+1 312 909 2721 mobile

Information Services Group is a leading global technology research and advisory firm.

Confidentiality note: The above email contains information that is confidential and/or privileged. The information is for the use of the individual or entity originally intended. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email or attachment.