Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Report Location Strategy - Charts

Looking for some general advice here....  I am creating several reports for my CRM part of my application.  These are going to include line charts with cumulative data showing current opportunities by month vs last year.  Another one on our overall pipeline volume being managed.  Another one on closure rate, etc.

Many of these require snapshot tables to pull the data.....  So I can see reports going in various places....

What have people found best to create a place where a sales manager (or any appropriate role) can see all the reports they need in one place from various tables?  I would wait to have to go and click through each report I want to review.  People wont view them.

5 Replies

• so .. Quick Base does plan on having Executive Dashboards designed to bring multiple reports into one dashboard. But while that is "coming soon", it's not "now".

But as we say, "don't let the things that you can't do stop you from doing the things that you can".

I suggest making a KPI app for your Key Performance Indicator Reports and for the dashboard elements you can insert web page elements. So you just paste in the URL for the Report as the web page target and then use these two tricks. 

1. Suffix the URL with &ifv=1.  That strips out the all the regular table bar headings. 

2. Also there is a nearly invisible white on white three dots at the bottom of the web page element box that you can grab to make the web page box large enough to hold the report without scroll bars.  Drag that down to suit the depth you need.

Note that you can also have a dashboard in a dashboard with the same technique. But, arguably, a direct link to the report is better as that way you get access to the Dynamic Filters.
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      So is there a reason to do that in a separate app vs in my current app as a page with a link to it on the dashboard for the users i want to see it.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Sorry, I probably incorrectly assumed that these tables might be from separate apps. 

Let's make this even simpler and start with the basics. 

Why not just make a new Page of type Home Page in the App Settings and then you can have a button on the main working dashboard to link off to a different Home Page page full of up to 9 Management reports.  If you need more than 9 you can make a link to another page of reports on another dashboard.
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      ah that worked well.  I can quickly see everything in one page which is nice.  Perfect.