Forum Discussion

HeatherBryant2
Qrew Assistant Captain
5 years ago

'Require' Form Rule Doesn't Require Address Fields

When working with a form rule to require an address field, the record can be saved without a value in the address field.

I have a form rule that says: When checkbox=true, require Address: Street 1, Address: City, Address: State, Address: Zip. When I check the box and click save, the record saves even with no values in the Address fields.

When I make the field required in the field settings or on the form elements tab, the form requires it. But I need for it to be required only after the checkbox is true.

Can someone test and confirm this happens too? I will report as a bug but want to check first.

------------------------------
Heather Bryant

13 Replies

• Hi Heather, I currently use this functionality in my forms and I just tested it and it works as it should.  Do you have any conflicting form rules that may undo that rule?

Brett Hinman
      HeatherBryant2
      Qrew Assistant Captain
      Hey Brett. Thanks for the quick response. I created a separate form to test, with only the one form rule, and got the same behavior. See below.

Heather Bryant
        BrettHinman1
        Qrew Trainee
        What I do notice right away is that after you select the check box none of your fields show the red "required" asterisk.  So unless the fields on your form are different than the fields you selected in the form rules (unlikely) then it appears to be some sort of bug to me.

Brett Hinman
  • Hi Heather,
    Di you ever solve this problem? I am running into the same problem.
    GB

George Bramhall
  • Hi Heather,

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  I am having he same problem now.

Thanks
    Charlene

Charlene Wilbur
      AustinK
      Qrew Commander
      As far as I know there is no resolution to this if you want to use the real address fields. This is still a bug that happens. I am not sure 100% why but it probably has something to do with the way address fields are split up into multiple fields of their own.

There are several possible workarounds that may work for you. These are what I can think of but there may be more or better options.

1. Create your own text fields to act like the address fields, you can require these. You lose the ability to type an address and have it fill part of it in.

2. Change your process and find a way to utilize 2 forms. One form would have the normal address field on there but have it be required all the time. If a user is required to fill it out then send them to the required form only.
        CharleneWilbur
        Qrew Trainee
        HI!  I've already done the first thing in your list.  It's just frustrating.

Thanks!

Charlene Wilbur