Forum Discussion

SherryBlackbur1
Qrew Trainee
4 years ago

Return to default edit parent form for user's role when saving a child record. Multiple forms.

I have multiple forms for the parent record, the add record form is the same for all roles and is also the view/edit form for some roles but for other roles the view/edit form is different. Currently, I'm using the default formula: URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_ADD_DEPARTMENT_UNIT] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_6=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#])& "&z=" & Rurl()

But, when the user's default edit form is not the add form, it is returning to a blank add form. When adding a child, I need to return to the add form, in edit mode, regardless of the user's role.

Any ideas?

------------------------------
Sherry Blackburn

6 Replies

• I gather that you are sitting on a Parent record and want to add a child and then return to the parent record in edit mode on a particular form.

Try this for the Add Child (Add Department unit) button.

var text AddDeptUnit = URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_ADD_DEPARTMENT_UNIT] & "?a=API_GenAddRecordForm&_fid_6=" & URLEncode ([Record ID#]);

var text ParentInEditMode =  URLRoot() & "db/" & dbid() & "?a=er&rid=" & [Record ID#]
    & "&dfid=2";

$AddDeptUnit
    & "&NextURL=" & URLEncode($ParentInEditMode)

replace the "2" with the form number of the Parent table that you that you want to land the user on.   

In my mind & "&dfid=2";

means

"Da Form ID is 2"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      SherryBlackbur1
      Qrew Trainee

Thanks Mark. It is returning to the correct form in edit mode, but it is returning a blank form – not to the parent record in edit mode. I've tested it in multiple roles with the same result. Any ideas?

Sherry Blackburn  |  Sr. Applications Systems Analyst - Quickbase  |  Technology Solutions Partners

PeaceHealth  |  1115 SE 164th Ave.  |  Vancouver, WA 98683

Learn about Quickbase and requesting an app.

Use your PeaceHealth credentials when prompted -  3x3@peacehealth.org and your network password

Need a Quickbase consult or working session? Book it HERE.

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable state and federal laws. If you are not the addressee, or are not authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, distribute, or disclose to anyone this message or the information contained herein. If you have received this message in error, immediately advise the sender by reply email and destroy this message.

MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Hmmm, are you launching the Add child button while in the ADD mode on the Parent before the Parent is saved?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com