Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Rich Text Field appearance as a LookUp Field

When I have a Rich Text field as a lookup field, in a child table record, the HTML hieroglyphics appear. e.g. <p>. etc.
Is there a way to either have the field show up as it does in the Parent record or strip the child record lookup field of it's HTML characters.

------------------------------
George Bramhall

6 Replies

• What has likely happened here is that the field type of the Parent Record was changed to be Rich Text from Plain Text.

The easiest fix is to make a new lookup field and then check the Usage tab for the existing (old) field and replace it wherever it was used, and then delete the old field.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet
      Ah, so what you are saying is that if the lookup field's parent was originally a plain text field and then the parent field is changed to a rich text field, the lookup field does not get changed to a rich text but rather remains in it's original state (plain text).

George Bramhall
        JosephMahon
        Qrew Member

I am copying and pasting into a formula rich text field.  It doesn't pull through to the child table.  I don't understand what could be happening. 

I tested it earlier in the day and it worked.  I had realized that I was putting my data into the wrong table so I deleted the field (in the wrong parent table) and did the exact same thing in the new table and now it does not pull through. 

Joseph Mahon