Forum Discussion

MatthewDonovan
Qrew Trainee
6 years ago

Role's Home Page Requires Permission

Hey everyone!

So I'm working on customized home pages for multiple locations on the floor. I have a button bar so that the user can look at a different home page depending on what area they are in. As an admin, it works without a hitch, but when I run as a participant, every home page I made is blocked and requires permission. Even when I set one of the home pages as the role's main home page, it still pops up with the permission request.

I feel like this is a rudimentary question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere...
How do you provide roles permission to access home pages?

Thanks!

2 Replies

• I have never heard of Role Permissions for Dashboards and I�ve been around Quick Base for a very long time.

I would check the Permission on theTables used for those Dashboard Reports. There are Permissions to view records.
      MatthewDonovan
      Qrew Trainee
      It was a stupid mistake on my part. I was viewing the page in editor mode when I viewed as another role, so Quick Base was thinking I was trying to edit the homepage as that role.

I'm not sure why when I set it as a homepage it didn't work initially, but it's working now.

-Side note- Thank you for your work! I learn a lot from seeing your replies on other posts.