Forum Discussion

JeremyCohen2
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

rolled up amount to another table

I'm trying to figure out how to take a summary field and relate it to another summary field on a different table.

I have one table for a standard action that dictates number of hours a person is on site.  Then I have a second table which is a required action based upon totals for a month.

For instance if I have 400 hours of work in one month then I need to have 6 reports done by that month to be in compliance.  

The issue is the comparison would show as a summary on both tables.   There can be multiple actions for a single company in a month so it is a roll up look.  Since this table is going to be for the standard user it would be amazing if I could color code the summary table to show who is and is not in compliance.  

For instance if Company A did their 6 reports the color would be green and if they did not then it would be red.  This helps the person who needs to audit the records substantially.

------------------------------
Jeremy Cohen

1 Reply

• Sorry I ended up finding my solution based upon a recent response to someone else.

I created a 3rd table and changed the Key field to the data I was rolling up to.  Then I linked both tables back to the 3rd table with summary totals.

Jeremy Cohen