Forum Discussion

CraigBaker
Qrew Member
10 years ago

Round Robin Leads Help

I need help with developing a round robin leads that are generated from a web form. We need a way to notate who is eligible for leads when they come in as leads get turned off for agents when they are out of office. Also we need a way to reassign a lead that comes in after the fact.

5 Replies

• Craig,

If you still are needing help with this, I've done this before and can be of some help. Feel free to contact me - my contact info is in my profile.

Here is a high level idea of what you need to do:

http://quickbase.intuit.com/developer/knowledge-base/how-can-i-auto-assign-records-users-my-application-using-formula-i-want-randomly-and-evenly-

1. Read that knowledgebase article and follow the instructions. You should end up with a formula user field. You might label it 'Round Robin Assigned To'.

2. Create 2 new fields: the first one is a normal user type field that you might label 'Override Assigned To'. The second field is a formula user field that you might lable 'Assigned To' that has a formula that looks something like this:

if(usertoname([Override Assigined To])="",[Round Robin Assigned To],[Override Assigned To])

Which basically says: look at the assigned to override field and if there isn't any user selected, populate the round robin assigned user, but if there is a user in the override field, show that user here instead. This field, 'Assigned To' would always have a the correct user value, so it is the one you would use in reporting.

Hope that helps!!!

Eric
  • Hello,

I am using the following "round robin" formula to help distrubute leads to my sales team. However I ran into a problem.

I have to main sources - telemarketing and internet leads.

I want the round robin to count only when the internet leads come in. 

Right it is apply to all leads created and entered into QB so it throws off the rotation when a telemarketing lead comes in.

Is there a way to add a condition to only apply when [Lead Source] = Internet ?

If(
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 0, ToUser("user@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 1, ToUser("sola7@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 2, ToUser("lac@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 3, ToUser("alyolar@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 4, ToUser("pconeo@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 5, ToUser("mark@greca.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 6, ToUser("gary@greeca.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 7, ToUser("lj@greeca.com")

)
  • Try this

If([Lead Source] = "Internet", null,
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 0, ToUser("user@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 1, ToUser("sola7@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 2, ToUser("lac@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 3, ToUser("alyolar@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 4, ToUser("pconeo@gmail.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 5, ToUser("mark@greca.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 6, ToUser("gary@greeca.com"),
    Mod([Record ID#],ToNumber([Number_Of_Reps])) = 7, ToUser("lj@greeca.com")

)
  • Did not work. All it does it hide the name but keeps the same order. I also tried

if([Lead Source] = "Telemarketing", null, 

Check out these sceen shots
  • I can't think of an easy solution off hand.

Maybe try posting this as a new question on this Forum and others will see it.  I would also suggests providing an example of what you want to happen for say three leads where the middle one is Telemarketing.