Forum Discussion

RodericWest
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Save and redirect to a thank you page

I have a form that I need an external user to complete. I want to add a Submit button, that will Save and Close the record and direct them to a Thank you page. I have a Home Page that has a Thank you text and image, I assume I can make an HTML page with information as well. 
I am not sure where to start, I have a Formula URL field, and not sure what to put in the formula field. 
I checked out a lot of the discussions, and just confused about where to start. 
Looking for some assistance and guidance.

------------------------------
RWest8 RWest8

12 Replies

• Perhaps not intuitive, but the way to do this is not in the Submit button but on the button to add a new record.  We use the Syntax for &NextURL = ... to control where the user goes after the native Save.  We have to URLEncode when we nest successive URLs. 

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_table where the new record will be added] & "?a=nwr&nexturl=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & AppID() & "?a=showpage&pageid=5")

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      RodericWest
      Qrew Trainee
      We don't have them add the record. The record is created by us, and based on certain selections a notification of the record is sent to the outside person. They fill out the information they need to and then save. I wanted to add a Submit button at the end, so they click that, save the record, and redirects them to a Thank you home page. 
      It was requested to have a Submit button at the bottom, rather than use the Save button at the top.

RWest8 RWest8
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        OK, what if you send then a link to edit the record.

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_table where the record will be edited] & "?a=er&rid=" & [Record ID#] &nexturl=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & AppID() & "?a=showpage&pageid=5")

I have not tested that, but it might work.

There is a pretty straight forward way to make your own save button with any color and label, which i can supply if needed.  You can suppress the native save button by suffixing the URL with 

&ifv=1

URLRoot() & "db/" & [_DBID_table where the record will be edited] & "?a=er&rid=" & [Record ID#] &ifv=1&nexturl=" & URLEncode(URLRoot() & "db/" & AppID() & "?a=showpage&pageid=5&ifv=1")

If it is possible to make a button which will save and redirect, it would require using what is known as the IOL - Image On Load technique, which is non native, and non supported by Quick Base and will break in the future when they launch their new forms (not sure when that will happen, but forms have been mostly the same since like 2001, so they well know its time for an update.

So that is why I'm suggesting to explore a native solution.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com