Forum Discussion

RobWhite_IV
Qrew Trainee
5 years ago

Search as you Type Field User Access

So,

Something in my app has changed and I need to know why!  This form has worked in the past and someone must have implemented something that has caused this break.

I have a form that features a search as you type lookup field for a record in a related table.  For some reason, some of my users do not have access to that field now when trying to add a new record in the child table.

Did something change that would require new permissions or a permission change to allow access to these users?

I don't even know what to show you all for an answer, but I'll start with a view of the form from an admin perspective and the 'slightly restricted' user role's perspective.

ADMIN VIEW

OTHER VIEW

Can you help?  I'm happy to provide additional info if you can instruct me on what would be helpful in troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks in advance, 

------------------------------
~Rob

5 Replies

• There was a new release that went up on Sunday, September 22nd.  It is possible that this created a bug they need to patch. I suggest you put in a support ticket.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    markshnier2@gmail.com
      RobWhite_IV
      Qrew Trainee
      Thanks, Mark.

I will do so.

Rob White IV
  • Hi Guys,

We've faced the same situation yesterday and it troubled us a lot. But, it seems this is fixed now.

@Mark Shnier (YQC) yes, you are right. It seems a bug which caused after the Sunday update.

Thanks,​

Gaurav Sharma
    AustinK
    Qrew Commander
    Yeah this update really messed us up yesterday and then again today when it seems like some sort of hotfix happened.

I really wish QuickBase was more transparant on this kind of thing. It seems like something broke with an update and they hotfixed it but are just silent on the subject. That really is not okay imo. I just wish I knew what was going on, feel like I'm chasing my own tail here. Unless I just don't know where to look for these hotfix updates?

We still have broken stuff in the app from this update and things that should be showing proxy fields no longer show that, they show the reference field. When we spoke to support they said the update was supposed to make the proxy field show instead, it seems to be doing the opposite.... It worked before this new update yesterday. Things that showed a proxy for names now show the numeric reference and things that showed the names of other stuff now show "<name> - <table> <record ID>" in the dropdown although they appear to be configured correctly.
      EvanMartinez
      Qrew Elite
      Hi Austin,

There were patches applied on the22nd and the 23rd to work on addressing an issue that came up with the release. You can find an update on those patches on our service page here: https://service.quickbase.com/#!/

You can also subscribe to our service page to receive notification of any performance issues the platform is experiencing and any upcoming patches like this and more information on their details. If you are still having persistent issues after the patch I would suggest continuing to work with the Care team so they can get to the source of the issue you are seeing and sort out why your behavior is different in your app. Sorry that you are having these issues. I hope the service page will at least help you know when things come up and if something like a patch is being applied and why ahead of time.

Evan Martinez
      Community Marketing Manager
      Quick Base