Forum Discussion

BrandonDrake
Qrew Cadet
4 years ago

Search Bars Too Sensitive

I have been getting all kinds of calls from users complaining about how sensitive the searches are when searching for companies, contacts, etc.  Is there any way to adjust this in Quick Base or any other kind of solution? For example, we work with a company called Hill's Interiors, if you just search for Hills, this company does not show up in the results.  I have informed users not to be extremely specific when searching, like adding the punctuation to Inc. or searching by typing "ABC, Co. Ltd." and so forth, but it still seems that there should be some leniency in the searches from the Dashboards, or the Filter bars at the top of reports for examples like that above, or if you have AB Company that may be input as A.B. Company.

------------------------------
Brandon Drake
JHI Group
Monroeville OH

6 Replies

• Brandon
    Are you referring to the search filter box on the top of reports?  If so, there is a trick I can post back with which will allow you to search fields not on the report and also a way to search against a revised formula field name with the punctuation stripped out.

The other search tip is that you can filer at the top of reports using AND in upper case so you could search like

abs AND monro

to get hits on any company with abc in their name who is also in a city that contains monro, such as Monroeville

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      BrandonDrake
      Qrew Cadet
      Hello Mark, 

Yes, it would be best if I could use this for the filter box and the search boxes that you can place on Dashboards as well. I think that formula field would be useful for sure!!

Brandon Drake
      JHI Group
      Monroeville OH
        MarkShnier__You
        Qrew Champion
        Ok, I will post back later today when I get a chance.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        Quick Base Solution Provider
        Your Quick Base Coach
        http://QuickBaseCoach.com
        mark.shnier@gmail.com