Forum Discussion

AnnettaColeman
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Seeking more elegant conditional formula against multi-select field

In our Project Management app we have a Multi-Select field to identify the various "Value Chain" teams that are impacted by the project.   This works as intended for notifications and dashboard views.  We also have one use case where we need to target projects that affect only our "Clinical" value chain and no others.    I currently have a formula checkbox that 'technically' works via a deeply nested IF statement, but is not very elegant.   

I am seeking a more elegant conditional statement for my formula checkbox that basically says 'If Clinical is the ONLY value selected in BUSINESS IMPACTS (a multi-select field) then this formula checkbox is checked'.

How would you code this?

------------------------------
Annetta Coleman

5 Replies

• ToText([Business Impacts]) = "Clinical"

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      AnnettaColeman
      Qrew Cadet
      Thank you!

Annetta Coleman
        AnnettaColeman
        Qrew Cadet
        Ok....  so now I want to checkbox if [Business Impacts] is either "Clinical" or a combination of both "Behavioral Health" and "Clinical" in a multi-select field...   I tried both of the following.   Neither worked....

• If(ToText([Business Impacts])="Clinical" or ToText([Business Impacts])="Behavioral Health;Clinical", true)
        • If(ToText([Business Impacts])="Clinical" or
          ToText([Business Impacts])="Behavioral Health" and ToText([Business Impacts])="Clinical", true)

If I look at the field contents directly, the value is shown as "Behavioral Health;Clinical".   Why did my first If/Or not result in true?

Annetta Coleman