Forum Discussion

ShontaySmith
Qrew Assistant Captain
8 years ago

Sending Email Notification using an email formula field

I have a Email formula field with multiple emails, How can I setup email notification to send to each email in the email formula field  

19 Replies

• OK, so what you will do is to make say 10 formual email fields called [email 1]  [email 2] etc like this

var text EmailList = ToText([My Multi select email field]);

Trim(Part($EmailList, 1,";"))

The next one would be

var text EmailList = ToText([My Multi select email field]);

Trim(Part($EmailList, 2,";"))

Then make an open notification and list those 10 fields vertically for the recipients.
    ShontaySmith
    Qrew Assistant Captain
    Thanks that is the direction I started but I used the right function, I will try using the trim
  • Hi Shontay,

Are you able to set the formula email fields in the 'Notify Whom'.

I'm getting an error:
    '[Requestor_Email1]' is not a recognized Quick Base user. '[Requestor_Email2]' is not a recognized Quick Base user.

Hope you can shed some light.

Thanks.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Matthew already answered your question.  You need to put in a support ticket to Quick Base to ask them to enable your account to send external emails.
      DeepaKesavalu
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Mark.
      I'm able to sent email to external email. 
      But this error is related to 'Notify Whom' field which is not accepting 'Formula Email' field.
      QuickBaseCoachD
      Qrew Captain
      Make a new Notification of Type Open.  I suspect that yours is set to "Recipient".  That means only Quick Base users.

Then it will have a drop down for 
      "a specific list of email addresses"

Then type in your list of field names vertically in square brackets. 
  • Hi, I have a field [Email Address]. Even if I have an Open Type notification, and I type in the Email Address field in square brackets, it gives an error "[Email Address] not a recognized Quick Base user"

So are we able to use a quickbase field in the Open type notification, or do we have to manually type in actual email addresses?