Forum Discussion

CarolMcconnell
Qrew Captain
8 months ago

Sending reports to emails in a certain field

Okay, I need to send a report to users in a user field but I want each user to only see their records.  The report would be records that are pending for 5 days or more.

Any idea how I can do that?

------------------------------
Carol Mcconnell

7 Replies

• Make a filter in the report that filters for current user. Something like

[Record Owner] is the Current User.

Then use that report in a subscription, being sure to check that does not send the subscription when the report is empty.

Have all relevant users on the subscription. It will only send out to users when their 'custom' report has records.

Mike Tamoush
      CarolMcconnell
      Qrew Captain

I didn't know that would work, however there is a small issue.  The users can move a round a decent amount and I don't want to have to keep updating the people on the subscription. Is there any way to do it via notification but it lump all of the notifications together?  These would be based on days, so it's not like new ones would be added during the day.

Carol Mcconnell
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander

I would just set the subscription to send to 'all users'. Doesnt matter if there are 100 users, it should only send to those that report as any records for.

You can test this by making a report that is filtered to a couple specific users (maybe you and a friend). Make a subscription that with 5 people on it. Send a test. You and your friend should get an email, but the other 3 should not. If that works, then you are good.

The important part is to test your final report that will be sent out to be sure your filters are correct. You dont want to accidentally have a report that has records for every employee.

You could possibly do it through some sort of notification, but I think it would be a lot of extra work for no reason. Just put everyone on the subscription and then you never have to add anyone.

Mike Tamoush