Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
6 months ago

Sneaky way to make a formula address field?

Since a formula address field does not exist, I was trying to come up with a way to update a regular address field, with a table to table import, or...??

My situation is I have a 'Combined Table' that merges data from many different areas. There are about 6 address fields, but each record is guaranteed that only one of the address fields is filled in. I want to have a seventh 'Combined Address' field, and somehow fill that field from whichever address field is populated. However, on a table to table import, I am not allowed to choose each specific address field (street 1, 2, etc) and if I try to make a formula field for say, street 1, I cannot simply choose the street 1 field....

Anyone every try to do anything like this before?

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

3 Replies

• RE:

However, on a table to table import, I am not allowed to choose each specific address field (street 1, 2, etc) 

I just had a quick look at the set up for a saved table to table import and indeed you can only import into the individual subfieldS within an address field and that sounds like exactly what you want.  

Mark Shnier (Your Quickbase Coach)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander

I can import TO the subfield, but not FROM the subfield. So in the dropdown list....I cannot pick the street subfield. Nor can I make a formula field to extract the street from my originating address field....or can I? I don't know how to extract a street subfield from an address field, via a formula text.

Mike Tamoush
        MikeTamoush
        Qrew Commander

Ive realized my error. My address is a lookup field, thus did not include all the subfields. I need to lookup every single subfield. Then it should all work as expected.

Mike Tamoush