Forum Discussion

LB
Qrew Trainee
10 months ago

Stop counting duration

I have a date field that needs to count the number of days that have passed from the date entered AND also need to the field to stop counting when a status is changed to completed or completed previous plan - not sure how to set this up. 

fields are Date PoC Due (date field), PoC # of days past due (formula duration field Today()-[Date PoC Due]), Approval status (drop down field)

------------------------------
Lorrie

8 Replies

• You need a fourth field "Approval Complete" to track the date when the status was updated to complete/completed previous plan. Users can enter the date manually, or you can do it with a pipeline when the status changes.

Once that field is in place, you can use this formula:

If (
        IsNull([Approval Complete]),
        Today()-[Date POC Due],
        [Approval Complete]-[Date POC Due]
    )

gary
      LB
      Qrew Trainee

Hi Gary, 

Thanks for replying. The approval status fields is what holds the options of complete or completed previous plan. So I'm not sure I need to add an additional field for that. I need to count how many days have passed since the manually entered Date PoC Due and then when the status changes for that field to stop counting. 

LB
        Gary1
        Qrew Cadet

You wrote:

"I need to count how many days have passed since the manually entered Date PoC Due and then when the status changes for that field to stop counting."

Therefore you need to track when the status changes in a fourth field. 

gary