Forum Discussion

GeorgeBramhall2
Qrew Cadet
2 months ago

Suggestions on writing a pipeline that....

Any suggestions on a pipeline that searchs thru a table looking for a record with a date, capturing a number value in that record and then searching the same table for a record with the next date (next date that follows the prior record date) and then inserts the captured value in a different number field in the "follow on date" record.

------------------------------
George Bramhall

6 Replies

• I wouldn't necessarily try and do it with Pipelines to do the search. If possible you might consider trying to do a formula-query to 'find' your records/get the values that you need and then use the Pipeline to move/copy the value. 

Chayce Duncan
      GeorgeBramhall2
      Qrew Cadet

yes I thought of that but I would have to write specifc query for each next record. I have thousands of records that need to be searched. More detail: Record 1 has an effective date and a price. Record 2 has an different effective date (duration between dates is variable) and a new price. I want to enter the previous price from record 1 in record 2 so that I can calculate the price delta from Record 1 and Record 2. The changes need to be made for thousands of records each with it's effective date and price, I am only finding the price delta between the previous effective date record and the next effective date.

George Bramhall
        ChayceDuncan
        Qrew Captain

Can you set something up to where you only have to worry about new records? In other words - could you backfill this data so that you only have to have a formula query or Pipeline process new ones or do you get this data in bulk and have to associate in mass each time? 

Chayce Duncan