Forum Discussion

ChristieAnderso
Qrew Member
3 years ago

Summary formula for Multi-Select Text

Hello,

I am trying to create a summary report for selections made in a multi-select field.  I'm using the formula -

IF(Contains($Selections, $SearchTerm),1,0)

and am getting the error - 

Formula error
Expecting text but found number

My actual text is here:
If(Contains([Collaboration 1], "A1A warm-transfer: A1A Nurse Care Manager- Successful"),1,
If(Contains([Collaboration 1], "A1A warm-transfer: A1A Nurse Care Manager- Nurse not available; referral sent"),1,0))

I found a conversation in the community with a similar error, but there was no resolution posted so I'm stuck.  Any help is appreciated!  

------------------------------
Christie Anderson, PMP She.Her.Hers. | Proactive Care Management Associate, Aetna One Advocate
p 959-230-7059
6005 Nacot Pl, Mail Code F488, New Albany, OH, 43054

6 Replies

• Is the result of your formula supposed to be the number of selections?  Can you give an example of what your day looks like and the response that you expect?

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      ChristieAnderso
      Qrew Member
      HI Mark,

Yes, the result will total the number of selections.  We would like metrics to display how many collaboration attempts resulted in a successful transfer to a nurse ("A1A Nurse Care Manager- Successful") and how many resulted in a referral due to no nurse being available to take the transfer ("A1A Nurse Care Manager- Nurse not available; referral sent").  

I hope that helps?

Christie Anderson, PMP She.Her.Hers. | Proactive Care Management Associate, Aetna One Advocate
      p 959-230-7059
      MarkShnier__You
      Qrew Champion
      OK, just change the field type to formula numeric

If(Contains([Collaboration 1], "A1A warm-transfer: A1A Nurse Care Manager- Successful"),1,0)

If(Contains([Collaboration 1], "A1A warm-transfer: A1A Nurse Care Manager- Nurse not available; referral sent"),1,0)

This will  result in a numeric value of 0 or 1 or 2, based on how many selections were made.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
      mark.shnier@gmail.com
        ChristieAnderso
        Qrew Member
        Ok, confirming to change the field type for Collaboration 1 to formula numeric?  Won't that remove the multi-select options for users?  I may be misunderstanding this.

p 959-230-7059