Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Summary Report Question

Even a few years into Developing, I still sometimes can't visual how to summarize my data in reports. Can I accomplish the following with a Summary Report, or do I need a summary table?

I have a table of Monthly Financial Reports. Each month for each project a report is created. The fields on these reports include:

Revenue
Projected Costs
Projected Gross Margin
Project GM %
Date of report

I want to create a summary report that looks as follows, but just cant seem to figure it out. Can't sort out what my summary fields are, etc to make it appear in this format. I do not think I will need to take advantage of the summary report formulas as there will only be one per month so I don't need to worry about recreating the GM% or anything (ill eventually filter by project number, this will be used in a report link):

Jan      Feb     Mar    Apr    May     June .....
Revenue                   
Projected Costs        (Totals here in each row and column)
Projected GM
Projected GM %

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

3 Replies

• I believe that this will possible but only if you transpose your rows and columns with the months going down (group by date (by month) and columns for the "fields" and the summary variable formula for the GM%.)

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      Yes that seems to be the case. I think I would need to have a summary table or a different structure to pull it off the other way.

Mike Tamoush
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        or a large block of formula queries.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com