Forum Discussion

PaulStreit
Qrew Member
4 years ago

Suppressing report grand totals but not subtotals

I have a table report that calculates resource usage. The report is grouped on resource name, with detail records in each group that report information about each task assigned to the resource. One of the fields calculates the percentage of a resource's capacity that has been allocated. This percentage can be summed across all tasks for the group because one group represents one resource. This works great. 

The problem is that the QB table report generator forces a report grand total, which is not accurate as the percentages are valid only for the subgroups (a summed percentage across all tasks and resources doesn't make any sense). I checked with Support and there's no way to suppress the grand totals while keeping the subtotals. It's all or nothing. 

Any ideas on how I can generate a grouped table report with subtotals but not grand totals?  

Thank you,
Paul

------------------------------
Paul Streit

4 Replies

• Paul -

Unfortunately, this can't be done with the native report builder. You'll have to build a report from the ground up using JavaScript & HTML on a code page to display results from an API_DoQuery call.

Blake Harrison - DataBlender.io
    Quick Base Solution Provider
      PaulStreit
      Qrew Member
      OK, thank you, you answered the question.

Much appreciated.
      Paul

AustinK
        Qrew Commander
        Paul do you have Image On Load set up for your app? If you already have this then hiding the totals should be able to be done right there on the form. As Blake said it is not a native solution and requires JavaScript but you can definitely just do it on the form you view.

How comfortable are you with JavaScript? If not at all then this may not make any sense for you to explore. If you know something about it then you could consider doing this. Just know it is not supported by Quick Base and if their staff chime in they will reiterate that because it could stop working in the future.

The one part that can be tough is finding the table in the elements list. Once you do find the table the Totals part is its own element and can be hidden. I will not go into detail with this unless you want to explore doing it this way. I cannot give you the exact right code but I can guide you to find it.