Forum Discussion

MikeTamoush
Qrew Commander
3 years ago

Table to Table import in Pipeline

Has anyone heard if there is a roadmap to simply run table to table imports in Pipelines, or if you will need to essentially build it in the Pipeline using the following instructions.

Building Table-to-Table (T2T) Imports using Pipelines

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

4 Replies

• No, you just call the API.  They had to figure that one out in order to be able to migrate Automations.  The easiest thing to do is to make a dummy automation that runs an import and migrate it and then you'll see exactly what you need to do.  It is really just a one line API call and I think you set a setting to  POST.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MikeTamoush
      Qrew Commander
      Oh thanks! I didn't realize they got around to including that in the migration function. Which reminds me....I still have 150 automations to migrate....wonder how long I have to do that. Another year at least I think.

Mike Tamoush
        MarkShnier__You
        Icon for Qrew Legend rankQrew Legend
        Yes, if they hold to their public statements then I believe after the January release which is around January 20 or so they will prevent the creation of new automations.  Then you will have till the end of 2022 to do your migrations. Now that everybody is moved over to the Blaze engine for pipelines, yes it is probably time to start thinking about planning that migration.  

One thing to plan for is they have not yet solved the governance issue. That refers to the topic of which users can see which pipelines. If you do have a Service Account to own automated functions then my recommendation would be to make sure that the Automations are owned by that Service Account so you would need to go in and edit and then resave them to make sure the ownership transfers. Then do the migration. That way the Service Account will own the pipeline.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
        mark.shnier@gmail.com