Forum Discussion

IvanWeiss
Qrew Captain
4 years ago

Terminated Employees and Formulas

Unfortunately, we had to do a round of furlough and layoffs and a few management level people were part of that. Several automations and buttons auto trigger tasks to them etc. is there a way to search throughout the schema of the app for them so I can redefine who those go to? Or I need to go through my tables and find it?

Ivan

2 Replies

• Hi Ivan,

For the automations you would need to go through them one by one and find the ones that reference the users who are out since they are part of their own system. For references in formula fields if they are directly referenced via email or some other consistent identifier for your formulas you can go into the App Settings to the App Management tab. Under there is an option to search and replace in the schema. If you put in your string for example steve@fakeemployee.com it will find every place it is mentioned. Then you can go through and review where you would like to change it and you can sub in different text or just use the list it provides you to help you find where it is referenced. It is a bit tougher if they users aren't directly references in some string in the formula but that might at least help you find the places where you need to make the changes since you can search before you change using that tool. I hope that helps Ivan.

------------------------------
    Evan Martinez
    Community Marketing Manager
    Quick Base
      IvanWeiss
      Qrew Captain
      Thanks Evan!

Ivan Weiss