Forum Discussion

MichaelTamoush
Qrew Captain
5 years ago

Text fields behavior with quotes and other symbols

I have a text field and I can't quite figure out when this happens, but sometimes it changes a quote (") symbol to &#65533. And sometimes if I have a lookup field, it changes it to a little square.

I can't get it to happen consistently, so I am not sure exactly the combination of things needed to make this happen. Also, these seem to be unrelated. Meaning, sometimes a quot enters just fine, other times it comes through as the &#...

Sometimes it looks up fine, and sometimes it comes through as a little square. 

Anyone know what is happening? I'm unclear so far if it only happens with the quote, or if something else triggers it.

------------------------------
Mike Tamoush

5 Replies

• There are different kinds of quotes.   There are straight quotes and curly quotes.  Quick Base may not be able to handle some kinds of quotes quotes copied and pasted in (ie not typed) or imported.

Mark Shnier (YQC)
    Quick Base Solution Provider
    Your Quick Base Coach
    http://QuickBaseCoach.com
    mark.shnier@gmail.com
      MichaelTamoush
      Qrew Captain
      Hmmm. Thinking in that direction, it's possible it happens when loaded from phones and maybe phones use different default keyboards with different fonts... will try to troubleshoot and report back.

Mike Tamoush
        MichaelTamoush
        Qrew Captain
        Confirmed. Mobile devices must all use different fonts, most of which are not compatible when typing a ". Most notably, the Ipad Mini which we distributed to our techs to use, lol. Maybe there is an IPAD setting where you can choose a more standard font. Ill look into it.

Mike Tamoush