Forum Discussion

GeoffreyHarmuth
Qrew Captain
7 years ago

Trigger post service e-mail review

I want to trigger an e-mail to be sent when a record is saved and the [status] field changes.  I was thinking of using an external platform to design/send the mails for this (mailchimp?).  Does anyone have experience in setting this up?  I'm just looking at best practices. My plan is as follows:

1) Job finishes - status changes to [closed]
2) e-mail automatically sent to client to request a service/product review
3) Clients response is sent back to a quick-base table.
4) I can then use this data in various ways etc.

The only issue I can think of is that mail chimp requires the customer to be a "Subscriber" - This is not always the case since we have new customers all the time, so we wont necessarily be marketing anything, but rather getting a review.  

Some insight would be greatly appreciated

12 Replies

• I suggest a separate app for two reasons.
    1. Better security for your main app so that you don not accidentally expose say a new table to your EOTI users because you add the table and forget to hide it.

2. It is sort of weird for the internal staff that when they go to the app not signed in they will not be asked to sign in, as the app is already open to everyone of the internet.  So if you do keep it in the same app, then you need to land users on a dashboard that has an inviting sign on button for employees.

It is a personal preference sort of thing that i am 60/40 on or 70/30 on. not like 100% dead set against having it all in the same app. You can do it all in one app if you like.

I mainly just feel more comfortable with security and the user experience in a separate app.  Keep in mind for example if your EOTI users or your on signed in employees click on the home button or land on the main dashboard they will see the same dashboard.
  • Ok, so i created the form - It works as planned, but a few things are irritating me.  See the attached image:  Is there no way to hide all this "noise" in the form?  It looks very unprofessional for a stranger to land on this page imo.

And another issue:  they can follow the e-mail link and add as many reviews as they want - Is it not possible to prevent this?