Forum Discussion

JeremyAnson
Qrew Cadet
3 years ago

Unexpected behaviour with report filtering

We've noticed some unexpected behaviour with report filters this week and wondered if others had experienced the same (perhaps as a result of changes made in the last QB update).

When adding filters to a report to find data quality issues (i.e. hoping that the report returned no records), we found that while the text above the report reported '0 records', the screen populated after a short pause with all of the records in the table. When we downloaded the report, there were no records in the csv file, only field headings. This has happened more than once with different reports. In this case the count of records was correct and the screen display incorrect.

Earlier today we added filters to a report that had listed '347 records' when unfiltered. The report correctly listed '81 records' after we applied the filters. When we removed the filters the report loaded with '347 records' in the text above the report, but this quickly changed to '81 records'. Downloading the data confirmed that there were 347 records in the report, so in this case the screen display was correct and the count of records was incorrect.

All more than a little disconcerting!

------------------------------
Jeremy Anson

2 Replies

• Hi Jeremy,

If you haven't already I definitely suggest putting a case in with our Care team so they can look at this issue with you. They can help you dig into what is going on and see what the source is if you are getting inconsistent returns of your reports. You can create a Care case either by clicking on Support where it appears in the global navigation here in community or within Quickbase under the question mark icon in your global navigation by selecting Manage Support Cases. This way they can get a better idea of what is going on within your app that is causing this.

Evan Martinez
      JeremyAnson
      Qrew Cadet
      Thanks Evan. I have a support case raised and will follow up with the care team.

I have noticed weird results on another report this morning where filters are not working ... until I switch back to old style reports and all is fine. 

Jeremy Anson