Forum Discussion

PatrickPatrick1
Qrew Trainee
7 years ago

Update checkbox after external link is clicked

I need to have a checkbox filled in when someone clicks on a link to a form on an external website. I would also like to populate the form on the external website with information from the table such as [Full Name], [Phone] and [Email]. 

4 Replies

MCFNeil
    Qrew Captain
    Just to be clear.  You have somebody from within QB clicking a link, that will send them to an external webpage.  Before they leave you want a checkbox in QB to be checked, AND when they arrive to the new location (website) you want some of the fields to be pre-populated from information from QB?

If that is correct...
    Then you would need to make a formula url button.  The first part of the button would be a API_EditRecord call, and the Redirect (RDR) would be to the external website.

As far as pre-populating some of the information, most websites don't have that functionality built in by default.  If was a special thing added to QB to allow for that.

What website are you going to?  Do you know how to 'inspect' the webpage?  You might be able to identify the equivalent f 'field IDs' in the external website. 
  • You are correct on your initial questions. And, I know how to inspect the source code to get the field id's on the external page. The external page is a review form via a service provided by a company called Broadly. I could create a feedback form in QB but there are services offered via Broadly that I just can't get from an internal form. So the link takes the user to the external form where it asks for name phone and email. I'd like to populate those fields so as the user only has to click submit. If this can't be done then I'd be happy with some method that at least records that the link has been clicked on. Otherwise we can't tell if a user clicked on the link and we therefore cant tell if the external form was submitted.